Add Pet Bats to Minecraft with this Mod
This mod adds the ability to tame wild bats. After you have tamed a bat, it will accompany you around and fight hostile mobs and players. It can level up and gain special abilities as it grows.
You can tame a wild bat by tapping the ground with pumpkin pie. Then right click on a tame bat to grab it.
- Right click while holding a bat to view its stats and rename it.
- If not fighting, the bat will follow and remain close to the owner.
- Will try to find a hanging spot if it can, will not leave whatever area it is in.
- Can be startled from hanging spot by a foreign player, by being attacked, by breaking the block, or by dropping pumpkin pie.
- If it gets stuck and the owner runs away, it will teleport directly into the player’s inventory.
- Bats are vulnerable to fire, lava, and explosions.
- Gains EXP up by dealing damage.
- Leveling up boosts max health and damage.
- Upon reaching level 3, pet bats gain a 33% life steal on attack effect.
- When the bat dies, it will return to the player’s inventory. Needs to be fed to revive.
- An injured pet bat can be healed by crafting it with pumpkin pie or by dropping pumping pie for it to eat.
- Holding your bat in your hand gives you night vision.
Download Pet Bats Mod for 1.4.2:
- Locate your Minecraft.jar file.
- Delete the META-INF folder
- Drag the files from the forge .zip file into Minecraft.jar
- Drag the Pet Bats .zip file into minecraft/mods/ folder