Mod: Download Multiplayer Servers to Single Player Folder with the World Downloader Mod (1.7.3)
With this Minecraft mod you can download parts of multiplayer servers into your single player folder. This will allow you to play in these worlds offline.
- Browse to your Minecraft.jar file. This can be found in %APPDATA%\.minecraft\bin
- Open Minecraft.jar with a program such as WinRar or 7-Zip.
- Delete the META-INF folder
- Drag all of the .class files from the download into Minecraft.jar. Replace any needed files
- Close Minecraft.jar and have fun!
To use this mod, first join the server that you want to download. This mod adds a button in the Game Menu that will allow you to download the server.
Once you click the button, walk around to begin saving chunks. You will need to open chests and furnaces while downloading if you want to save the contents.
Chunks that are too far from the player will not be saved to the single player folder. Instead, the chunks will randomly be generated.
Any changes made to the single player versions of these worlds will be overwritten when you join the server again and resume downloading chunks.