Mod: Add Strong Shields to Minecraft with this Mod (1.0.0)
This mod improves the combat system of the game with a much needed addition – shields. Shields can be used to protect against the hostile mobs of Minecraft.
Shields can be crafted from leather, iron, gold and diamond.
The Hide Shield is the weakest shield of the four. It has a 2 second block time and will be destroyed after taking 40 damage.
The Iron Shield can block damage for 5 seconds and will be destroyed after 120 seconds.
The Gold Shield can block damage for 10 seconds but can only take 56 damage before being destroyed.
The Diamond Shield is the best shield available. Like the Gold Shield it can block damage for 10 seconds. However, it can absorb 264 damage before it is destroyed.
Pressing the tab key will bring up a new shield GUI. From there you can equip shields.
While in blocking mode, all damage is absorbed in the front. Blocking mode will drain your blocking timer.
Shield Bash can be done by pressing the attack button while in blocking mode. Although it does no damage, it does knock your enemy back.
- Find your minecraft.jar file. On Windows, this can be found by going to %APPDATA%/.minecraft/bin.
- Backup your minecraft.jar
- Open minecraft.jar in a program such as WinRar or 7-Zip
- Delete the META-INF folder.
- Move the files from the ModLoader .zip file into your minecraft.jar file.
- Move the files from the Player API .zip file into minecraft.jar.
- Move the Shield Mod .zip file into your .Minecraft/mods folder. If you don’t have that folder, create it.
- You’re done!