Minecraft 1.3 Prerelease has been Released!
Minecraft 1.3 Prerelease is now available for download! No new features will be added between this Prerelease and the final version, just bug fixes. This Prerelease focuses mainly on bug fixes:
- Fixed a few glitches in the item spritesheet and the creative mode’s inventory’s graphics
- Fixed a crash bug
- Fixed the chest armor slot being inaccessible in Creative mode’s survival inventory tab
- Fixed rotated wooden logs mined using Silk Touch enchanted tools dropping as rotated wooden logs
- Fixed being unable to place half slabs in the small gaps between another half slab and the side of another block
- The game now runs a server while in single-player mode
- The single-player server can be shared on LAN
- It’s now possible to use client-side commands by enabling cheats
- Added an optional “bonus chest” to get started quicker
- Added trading with villagers and emeralds as a currency
- You gain enchantment orbs from more task now. Max enchantment level has been decreased to 30
- Servers can automatically suggest and distribute texture packs
- Added new world map elements
- Added cocoa beans which can be farmed
- Added Ender chests
- Added tripwire
- Stairs and levers can now be placed up-side-down
- Wooden logs can be placed sideways
Download Minecraft 1.3 Prerelease:
- Close Minecraft.
- Go to Minecraft.jar. You can find this in Windows at %appdata%/.minecraft/bin.
- Copy your Minecraft.jar file and back it up somewhere else.
- Move the newly downloaded Minecraft.jar into the /.minecraft/bin folder, replacing the old version.
- Open up Minecraft and have fun!