Minecraft 1.3 Has Been Released!
The long anticipated Minecraft 1.3 is now ready! This is the first update in nearly 4 months and brings numerous changes to the game. These includes:
- The game now runs a server in single-player mode
- The single-player server can be shared on LAN
- Made it possible to use client-side commands by enabling cheats
- Added a “bonus chest” to get started quicker
- Added trading with villagers. Added emeralds as a currency
- You gain enchantment orbs from more tasks. Max enchantment level has been decreased to 30
- Servers can now automatically suggest and distribute texture packs
- Added new world map elements
- Added cocoa beans
- Added Ender chests
- Added tripwires
- Wooden logs can be placed sideways
The complete changelog can be found here: http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/xi55k/13_out_blogpost_soon/c5mjexs
Important: 1.3 breaks all current mods. Because it will take awhile to port existing mods to 1.3, I would recommend backing up your Minecraft.jar before updating the game. This way you can go back to 1.2.5 after you update. The only way you can stop Minecraft from updating is by disconnecting from the Internet while starting up Minecraft.