Craft Ships and Airship in Minecraft with the Archimedes Ship Mod (1.6.2)
The Archimedes Ship mod has been updated to 1.6.2. This version adds airships and lets you construct even bigger ships. This is one of the best ship mods for Minecraft. It adds new blocks that allow you to design and build huge ships and flying airships. You can build ships up to 3400 blocks large that are faster than normal ships, cannot break, and can be used to carry chests and furnaces.
The Ship Marker is the block to create ships. It acts like a seat. Right click the block to create a ship out of any connected blocks.
The Block Gauge adds two functional gauges: a compass and a speedometer. The compass points north and the speedometer goes up to 80km/hr.
Floaters help keep your ships from sinking too deep. Not required.
Balloons are used to keep airships in the air. 40% of the blocks on a ship should be a balloon in order to give the ship the ability to fly.
TO create a ship, build a ship and add a ship marker. Right click on the ship marker to turn it into a functional ship. Right click on it again if you want to edit it.
The ship can be made of anything but:
The ship can be controlled like a normal Minecraft boat. Depending on their size, they will start out slow and slowly gain speed. Unlike normal boats, they will not break.
- The ship can be steered with the movement keys, where left and right change the direction of the ship and forward and backward change the forward velocity of the ship, no matter where you’re looking at.
- Through the configuration file you can enable the old vanilla control, by setting the control_type property to 0.
- By pressing the brake key, ‘C’ by default, the ship will quickly come to a full stop.
- Ships will never break when you hit something.
- The align key, by default the ‘=’ (equals) key, the ship will align and rotate to the world grid without rejoining with the world blocks.
- Airships can ascent and descent by respectively ‘X’ and ‘Z’.
- Their movement speed is slower than a normal ship.
- Airships will act like normal ships if landed on the ground or touched the water surface. Hold the ascend key to return to the airspace again.
Shows information about the ship you’re currently sailing.
Dismount the current ship, even when it can not decompile. If the “override” parameter is added, the ship will decompile anyways and overwrite existing world blocks in the process if any.
Reloads all metarotation files in the .minecraft/config/ArchimedesShips/ folder.
Download Archimedes Ship Mod for 1.5.2:
1) Install forge using the Forge Installer.
2) Extract the Archimedes Ship mod .zip file into the .minecraft/mods folder.
3) Launch Minecraft
4) Before you push play, click on Edit Profile
5) Click Use Version and then select the version of Forge that you just installed.
6) Have fun!