Add Underground Biomes to Minecraft with this mod (1.4.6)
The Underground biomes mod attempts to make underground exploration more exciting by adding new biomes that can be found underground. It adds 24 new types of rocks and encourages real mines by concentrating ores to large deposits.
The new rocks comprise of three base categories: Igneous, Metamorphic, and Sedimentary. Igneous and Metamorphic rocks form the base of underground biomes with Sedimentary rocks being found in layers called the strata. Igneous and Metamorphic rocks drop their own forms of cobblestone when mined and can also be crafted into bricks. A storage block for coal has also been added as well as a very low quality coal called lignite.
All of the new rocks can be used in old recipes. For example, a lever can be crafted with a stick and a metamorphic cobblestone block.
These rocks mainly occur in layers called strata.
These volcanic rocks can be found in large quantities and make up the majority of the rock found in certain areas. They drop igneous cobblestone when mined. They can be crafted into bricks.
These rocks make up most of the space that Igneous rocks do not take up. They drop metamorphic cobblestone when mined and can be crafted into bricks.
Anthracite and Lignite:
Anthracite is a very pure form of coal. It can be made by crafting four pieces of coal and burns 32 items. Lignite is an item dropped from lignite rock. It is a very impure form of coal and burns for 1 item in a furnace. It can be found naturally in large deposits.
Anthracite and Lignite
Most ores are now found in large deposits. This encourages real mines.
Download Underground Biomes Mod for 1.4.6:
- Locate your Minecraft.jar file.
- Delete the META-INF folder
- Drag the files from the forge .zip files into Minecraft.jar if you haven’t already
- Put the contents of the ‘Add contents to Minecraft.jar’ folder into your Minecraft.jar
- Put the contents of the ‘Add contents to mods folder’ folder into your mods folder in the minecraft directory.
- Have fun! If you have done everything correctly, then the mod should show up when you click the mods button on the main menu.