Add Evolving Mobs with the Darwin Mod (1.6.4)
This mod adds new mobs that have random genetics. These genetics determine their color, skin, shape, behavior. These mobs can mate with other mobs to create new mobs. There are billions of possibilities.
They will mate the same way as pig or sheep with wheat.
Each mob has:
– a body (4 possible shapes)
– a head (3 possible shapes or none)
– a snout (3 possible shapes or none)
– ears/horns (3 possible shapes or none)
– a tail (3 possible shapes or none)
– 2 rear legs (3 possible shapes or none)
– 2 front legs/arms (3 possible shapes or none)
– the speed it can move depends on the size of the legs
– rotation of the body (from 0 to 90°)
– color (16’581’375 colors)
– skin (11 different skins)
– dropped item (126 possibilities)
– AI and behaviour: depending on some genes, some tasks are added like “hunt cows” for example or “flee when hit” or “look for shade”.
– other behaviours: burn in sun, hurt by water, immune to fire, etc.
Mobs will inherit genes from their parents and have a small chance of mutating.
Download the Darwin mod for 1.6.4:
- Locate your Minecraft.jar file.
- Open Minecraft.jar using Winrar and delete the META-INF folder
- Drag the files from the forge zip file into Minecraft.jar.
- Run Minecraft once
- Drag the Darwin .jar file into the .minecraft/mods folder.
- Have Fun!