Snapshot 12w42a is Now Out!
Snapshot 12w42a has been released. It includes many of the new features that will be in 1.4 and fixes some bugs that were found in earlier snapshots.
- Server IPs can now be individually hidden
- Changed repeaters
- Can be locked by powering their sides with a repeater. They then won’t change the output signal as long as at least one of their sides is directly powered
- There are now visual indicators for the locked state and the sides that act as inputs
- Tweaked Anvil
- Cheaper to create – New crafting recipe
- Minor visual changes: Made “Too expensive” indicator colored and changed “cost” indicator text and improved text field UX
- You can repair tools using their material, but crafting new ones is cheaper – Good for enchanted tools, though
- Named items are now labeled with italics
- Bats no longer trample crops, trigger pressure plates, or trigger tripwire
- Updated language files
- Fixed various bugs
- Close Minecraft.
- Go to Minecraft.jar. You can find this in Windows at %appdata%/.minecraft/bin.
- Copy your Minecraft.jar file and back it up somewhere else.
- Move the newly downloaded Minecraft.jar into the /.minecraft/bin folder, replacing the old version.
- Open up Minecraft and have fun!
Remember, currents mods aren’t compatible with this Snapshot, so backup your current Minecraft.jar file if you would like to keep your mods.